[thelist] Requirements for solicitor

Alex Beston alex at deltatraffic.co.uk
Sat Jan 29 12:25:49 CST 2005

 Hi All,

Just had a query from a potential client who has been let down by his
contracting company.

Its a database driven site, with php sessions involved.

Ive been asked to list a series of requirements to be given to a
solicitor forcing the contractor to hand over information.

-----
Heres my list:

A list of all users & their passwords allowing access to the hosting
server.

(can we ask of the hosting if this list tallys with their registered
users?)

A list of all users & their passwords allowing access to the database.

A list of any connecting databases ie on a JOIN.

A copy of all source code ( cant we just access ourselves, not not
necessary? maybe is if they decide to delete their work on handing over
the passwords? )

A database dump of all tables & all other databases

Passwords to any mail accounts plus all aliases

???

----

Presumably, once this information is released there is no real security
any more? So, the first job would be to remove users and create anew.

Any thoughts helpful

rgds
Alex