[thelist] RE: blaster worm punishment

Steven Streight vaspersthegrate at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 22:21:53 CST 2005

We've all heard how the "teenager" who unleashed the
Blaster worm, primarily against Microsoft, got only 18
months jail time, court supervision for 3 years, and
has to pay up to $1 million damages.

I say he deserves much much harsher punishment, mainly
because malicious code can potentially make a nation
vulnerable to terrorist or criminal attack, can
cripple an economy, can cause even death if a hospital
network crashes, etc. etc.

You know?

I'm not a lover nor a hater of Microsoft, though I'm
sure some of you have strong opinions, rightfully
formed.

But internet crime, I feel, must be more harshly
punished.

Whadyathink?

=====
Steven Streight