[thelist] RE: [OT] blaster worm punishment

Mac Jordan mac.jordan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 02:36:22 CST 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:46:13 -0800 (PST), Steven Streight
<vaspersthegrate at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I consider such acts to be home grown terrorism and
> similar to murder, downsizing, or offshore outsourcing
> of sensitive material (network security, medical
> records, government work, etc.) in purely detrimental
> effects for no good cause.

I think you need to get a sense of proportion.  Nobody need fall prey
to these exploits if they use a proper secure OS.  And if they *must*
use Windows, they should be responsible, and keep it patched up to
date.  I blame Microsoft for most of this stuff - if they didn't
release intrinsically insecure operating systems, nobody would be
writing viruses.

--
mac jordan
home: www.kestrel.org