[thelist] What is least expensive Mac to use as Web client QA box

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Mon Jan 31 16:25:16 CST 2005

Yep.  OS 8.6 Does not run Safari, or Firefox - both are built for OS X.
  I think there amy be a FF solution for OS 9.x, but I am not certain of
that... the solution might be Mozilla?  I can't remember what version
of IE will run on 8.6?  The biggest limitation is that NOBODY uses OS
8.6 anymore, so your testing would not be very real-world."  It would
be something like testing with IE $ and NS 4, you cold do it, but
nobody would benefit much.  Most Mac users are using OS 9.x or OS
10.2.x/10.3.x, and I think more are now on OS 10.x.x than os 9.