[thelist] Researching other markets

Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC) ftarzwell at fayec.com
Tue Feb 1 09:56:40 CST 2005

I have been asked to create and maintain a full site with CMS features
and all but the catch is that it is for a company in another country....
They want an estimate for the site and the maintenance and I don't want
to scare them off if the reasonable market price here (US/Canada) is way
more than what they are used to paying there.....
Of course that if the fair market price there is way superior I can just
stick to my price here and be competitive there (although I am sure the
local developers won't like that low priced competition)....
What is the procedure to get the market price for a different country
without breaking any of the laws regarding the non-discussion of
pricing, etc....
And for those who have been in this situation....what did you do??

Thanks again in advance,

FayeC