[thelist] rel="nofollow"

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Tue Feb 1 21:07:21 CST 2005

Message from Matt Warden (2/1/2005 10:46 PM)
>Marc,
>
>On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:40:15 -0400, M. Seyon <evoltlist at delime.com> wrote:
>
>The whole reason for comment spam is that it bumps up google's
>pagerank and other such methods, which are based on sites linking to
>their site. Adding this attribute eliminates the benefit of adding
>comment spam to the site using the attribute on links in comments.

Ooooooh. I thought it was just there to give visitors something to read if
the post was boring...

Really, I didn't think about the pagerank thing. I thought it was aimed at
human visitors.

Thanks.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/