[thelist] JSP Newbie

Raditha Dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Wed Feb 2 10:39:47 CST 2005

Norman Bunn wrote:

> I am looking at the Magnolia CMS (magnolia.info) and see that it uses
> Java Server Pages.  Having never worked with JSP, what resources are
> there that you recommend?  What "gotchas" are there to be aware of?
> What are the server specific requirements and such?  Just need a place
> to start.

If you are familiar with the java progamming language, learning JSP is
not difficult at all. However people coding with JSP tend to use taglibs
which can be pretty annoying. You need a servlet container to run this
stuff and you need to have the java virtual machine installed as well.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.