[thelist] RE: contacting Evolt admins

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Feb 2 18:20:03 CST 2005

Steven Streight wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I keep getting The [evolt] List members telling me or
> others to STOP posting on the topic thread I started
> on "blaster worm punishment".
>
> [snip]
>
> Heck, just don't open any email on a thread you don't
> like others to debate vigorously but politely.

Erm, no, that's not how it works.  thelist is for on-topic stuff - for the
topic, see http://lists.evolt.org/ - while thechat is for off-topic stuff.
We created thechat for this very specific reason, to try and keep *this*
list focused and informative.  Perhaps suggestions to take stuff to other
websites is a bit strong, but taking *anything* off-topic to thechat is
encouraged and indeed welcomed.

That's why.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | "There's something about records which is
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |  really satisfying."