[thelist] Automatically scroll down to anchor

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Wed Feb 2 20:16:42 CST 2005

Message from bernardo escalona (2/2/2005 07:41 PM)
>Hello web gurus,
>
>Can someone show me by example how to force a page to scroll down to a
>specific part of the page (anchor) as soon as the page is loaded?
>
>Im inserting a short javascript like this:
>window.location="#foo"
>but its not working quite right.
>
>Will appreciate any pointers.

Seems to me like you're going to an awful lot of trouble to force this
behaviour. Two things come to mind. If this needs to happen every time, why
isn't that part of the page you're sending people to at the top in the
first place? Or, why don't you have several shorter pages instead of one
long page.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/