[thelist] suggested books?

Christian Heilmann lists at onlinetools.org
Fri Feb 4 15:50:14 CST 2005

>Web Standards Solutions: The Markup and Style Handbook (Pioneering
>Series) - Dan Cederholm

Total yes. It is a wonderful book with loads of examples how to apply
styles and standard code, right from real projects and not just
evangelising about  the matter.

>Defensive Design for the Web : How to improve error messages, help,
>forms, and other crisis points (Voices That Matter) - 37signals;

It is an OK book, but  nothing special. It shows how web sites apply
usability issues bad and good, so to say a website showcase, rather than
technical explanations. I really disliked its evangelising of very
inaccessible scripts and forms as great solutions. 7/10 for usability
information, 2/10 for technique and 1/10 for reusability of the book.
Don't make me think is on  my desk, this one is in the drawer

Other books that I really cherish:
Jeffrey Zeldman: Designing with web standards
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735712018/onlinetoolsorg/002-1047535-4078418
Joe Clark: Building  accessible web sites
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/073571150X/onlinetoolsorg/002-1047535-4078418
Ani Phyo: Return on Design
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201756072/onlinetoolsorg/002-1047535-4078418