[thelist] OT: Online Backup Solutions?

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Sun Feb 6 10:04:16 CST 2005

I have a client for whom I provide IT support. She needs a backup solution
that involves minimal, ideally no, input from her.  Backing up to CD's is
too complicated for her even with the use of automated, scheduled tasks in
Win2K Professional. So...I'm looking at an online backup solution, where we
designate what to backup and when and have the backup/upload occur
automatically to the remote server at a scheduled time. The idea is that I
set this up for her and she never thinks about it. (Obviously, she'll need
help if she ever needs to restore).

There are number of solutions and services out there for this, but I'm
looking at recommendations. She's mentioned Dell's service for $1800/yr,
though that is probably over her budget for this sort of thing.

Thanks in advance.

<tip type= creating a ColdFusion printer friendly page>

Here's an easy way to make a printer friendly version of a page using
ColdFusion.

 <!--- Save desired content to a variable --->
 <cfsaveContent variable="SavedContent">
 CONTENT GOES IN HERE
 </cfsaveContent>

 <!--- Then copy SavedContent to a session variable for use on second page;
locking for CF 5 compatibility --->
 <cflock scope="session" type="exclusive" timeout="10">
      <cfset session.SavedContent = variables.SavedContent>
 </cflock>

 <!--- Provide link to that second page --->
Version.</a>

 --

 Then on printfriendly.cfm

 <!--- Move session variable to local scope --->
<cflock scope="session" type="read only" timeout="10">
      <cfset SavedContent  = session.SavedContent >
</cflock>

 <!--- Then output it wherever you like--->
 <cfoutput>#SavedContent #</cfoutput>

--

NOTE: anything between <cfsavecontent> on the first page will be suppressed
so after saving it, you'll want to then immediately output it.

</tip>

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s