[thelist] Exchange 2000 and an email archive

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Feb 7 17:33:53 CST 2005

Lots of possible solutions. If you want to roll your own solution, then you
can talk to Exchange using WebDAV or MAPI or CDO. You will have security
issues - usually only a particular user can access their own mailbox. If this
is a discussion list type situation, you would probably want to create a
public folder or similar to hold all the messages. That would be accessible
via Outlook Web Access (OWA) so not much you'd need to do at all.

Cheers
Ken

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On
: Behalf Of Theodore Serbinski
: Sent: Tuesday, 8 February 2005 9:42 AM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: [thelist] Exchange 2000 and an email archive
:
: Hey guys!
:
: I'm sending in a question for one our IT guys about using Exchange
: 2000 and creating an email archive.
:
: Basically, is this possible? Creating an online, web accessible
: archive, much like that of this list?
:
: Looking to handle roughly a dozen users, with <10 messages per day.
:
: Is there some sort of PHP or Perl program that can connect to the
: Exchange 2000 server and generate this index? We are running Apache on
: Windows 2003 on a different machine (yes yes I know, not my call here
: :))