[thelist] Color Management

dwain dwain at alforddesigngroup.com
Mon Feb 7 19:16:01 CST 2005

e-head wrote:

>It doesn't seem like any of the tips I use for Color Management in
>photoshop work worth a damn.
>
>I'm just curious what the people on this list do ?
>
>Ignore color management and just hope your pics look halfway descent ?
>

>I have my monitor calibrated, but what am I to do in photoshop ?
>I've found if I use color management (with ANY profile) there is a large
>discrepancy between what I see in photoshop and what I see in my
>browser.
>So the only thing that seems to work is to discard all embedded color profiles
>... somehow I don't think this is ideal.
>
>Anybody have any links to good resources on color management for web
>development ?

i have my rgb color setting to srgb c61966-2.1 and have no problems with
color rendering on the web that *i* create.  if you are using outside
graphics, make sure that they are rgb and not cmyk (but, you knew that,
right?).  you can convert cmyk to rgb, but it's not like having the rgb
file to work with.

are you talking about print output as opposed to screen output, or
screen output in ps to browser screen output?  did you use a colorimeter
to calibrate your monitor or adobe gamma?  how old is your monitor?
what version of ps do you use?

adobe forums has a color management group to help with this situation.

hth
dwain