[thelist] Exchange 2000 and an email archive

Theodore Serbinski stanson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 19:47:26 CST 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:33:53 +1100, Ken Schaefer <Ken at adopenstatic.com> wrote:
> Lots of possible solutions. If you want to roll your own solution, then you
> can talk to Exchange using WebDAV or MAPI or CDO. You will have security
> issues - usually only a particular user can access their own mailbox. If this
> is a discussion list type situation, you would probably want to create a
> public folder or similar to hold all the messages. That would be accessible
> via Outlook Web Access (OWA) so not much you'd need to do at all.

Yes this is a dicussion type list and there will be a lot of
attachments going around as well.

However, not everyone that will be on the list is actually in our
domain, we have users from other domains we don't host. So how will
they be able to access these public folders and what not through OWA?
Or is there a setting to allow this? I'm pretty much clueless in this
area, as our IT guys for setting up something like this (not a normal
request we usually get). Thanks!

ted