[thelist] Server Hosting - Not New, Just New For Me

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Feb 8 00:00:40 CST 2005

Russ wrote:
> http://www.ev1servers.net/english/ensimpro.asp
>
> I'm curious to know if anyone's currently doing anything similar and/or
> has any experience with ev1servers or can make some recommendations.  I
> need to be able to run RH (Ensim preferred) and ColdFusion.

Ev1 has good bandwidth, and uh, well, that's about it.  They give no
support, offer no backup solutions, and are loath to admit when they
screw up.  In my case, they somehow issued a bad copy of cPanel, so I
spent a week going round and round with them trying to get it resolved.
  Ugh, was that ever a waste of time!  Then after I gave up, they took
their sweet time with making a refund as if they wanted to be sure I
never came back.  There are many happy ev1 customers, so they can't be
all bad, but my experience was nothing but negative.

ServerBeach.com has offerings very similar to ev1, but in my experience
their support people were competent and quick.  That made all the
difference to me.  Recently I've "downgraded" to a VPS (virtual private
server) from ServInt.com; ServInt has been superb so far (3 months);
however you said you prefer Ensim, which they do not offer in VPS
(cPanel and Plesk only, or "naked").

Hope this info is of some use to you!

--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp