[thelist] Calculating postcodes - Australia

Tim Burgan email at timburgan.com
Tue Feb 8 22:32:39 CST 2005

Hello,

I've developed a site where a user can enter a postcode, and a list of
registered clients on the website that are in or AROUND that postcode
are returned.

I got the postcodes and divisions from Australia Post via their little
$4 postcode booklet.

The problem is the if the user enters a postcode, for some postcodes it
returns businesses in a postcode over the other side of the city, yet
the neighbouring postcode doesn't show up.

I think this is the way Australia Post divides their postcodes.

I thought maybe Yahoo or Google would have a resource where you can get
a postcode and return the postcodes in the surrounding 20km (for example).

How in the world can I do this?

Thanks

Tim