[thelist] javascript locking property from CSS

Peter-Paul Koch pp.koch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 05:27:50 CST 2005

You only apply the mouseover to the first link in the div
class="hook", in other words, to the image. The second link (the
header) has no mouseover event handler, so it doesn't do anything.

> I've run into a situation where using Javascript to change an element's
> textDecoration property will prevent the element's CSS :hover selector
> from changing text-decoration any further.
>
> This is illustrated at
> <http://www.typeleft.com/files/onmouseover_vs_csshover/index2.html>.
>
> :hover over the header. click on the image. :hover over the header again.
> observe how only 1 of the CSS rules continue to work.
>
> This occurs in at least ff 1.0 and ie6. Any advice?
>
> Izaak
> --

> http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

> Workers of the Web, evolt !

ppk, freelance web developer

Recent article: JavaScript triggers,
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/scripttriggers/

Bug Report: Report bugs yourself, or comment on previously
reported ones.
http://www.quirksmode.org/bugreports/