[thelist] recovering data from a deleted partition

Barry Sweeney Barry at sweeneys.net
Thu Feb 10 15:12:53 CST 2005

Rich Points wrote:
> Howdy,
> I deleted a partition on an external drive by accident.  I didn't do
> a format on the drive.  Is it possible to recover the data?  I think
> I know the answer but I thought I'd ask.

Yep, it's possible.  Obviously it depends how valuable your data is, but
I've seen EasyRecovery from www.ontrack.com used to great effect when I
did the same thing.  It will be more effective if you can restrain
yourself from writing anything else to the disk.

I'm sure that there are other tools out there, but this is the only one
I've seen in action.

Barry