[thelist] Video Editing

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Mon Feb 14 10:21:14 CST 2005

Warren Murray wrote:

> - To be able to convert the ones for the web to Windows Media Player or
> Real Player format (which ever is better) and Quicktime format for those
> Mac-based computers on the web

Real player sucks.  i won't even install the spyware-ridden software.  I
tried real alternative, but it doesn't work very well.  un-reliable at
best.
I wouldn't bother making an RM.
.MOV quicktime and .MPG for the mpeg will cover just about all your
bases.  Another opetion is the AVI format, using a codec like DivX

> My current OS is Windows XP professional.
>
> What do you recommend?

Adobe premier if you can afford it.  its expensive, but its awesome.