[thelist] PHP Form Trouble

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 23:51:32 CST 2005

Jeff,

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 00:24:41 -0500, Jeff Hinds <jeff.hinds at netagency.com> wrote:

> $mailheaders = "From: FitchAppraisals.com <> \n";

If this is your From: header, you may very well be rejected from
certain mail tranfer agents for an invalid from header.

Also, according to the docs, you should be adding "\r\n" after the
each header if there are multiple headers.

" This is typically used to add extra headers (From, Cc, and Bcc).
Multiple extra headers should be separated with a CRLF (\r\n).

    Note: If messages are not received, try using a LF (\n) only. Some
poor quality Unix mail transfer agents replace LF by CRLF
automatically (which leads to doubling CR if CRLF is used). This
should be a last resort, as it does not comply with RFC 2822. "
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

As a last resort, I would try simply using a from email address
(rather than also a name), especially if you are on Windows.

If these still don't fix your problem, let us know and we'll give it
another shot. I realize you are trying not to have your email address
harvested, but it would help if you could include your code as
verbatim as possible (maybe change the domain name of the email
address to some junk domain).

--
Matt Warden
Miami University