[thelist] Which programs for producing web graphics?

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 23:25:05 CST 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:35:55 -0800, Mike <designbase10 at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the past I have been using Macromedia Fireworks 4 for creating web
> graphics. Its great for anything web related from headers to buttons to
> laying out entire web pages. It has precise vector control of each
> object and excellent slicing capabilities and excellent transparency
> controls. It is like a combination of illustrator and photoshop together.
>

> Here are some workpaths. I currently use the first:
> Fireworks
> Illustrator to Photoshop to Imageready
> Illustrator only
>
> Which workpath do people find the most efficient today?

For web graphics, there is only one tool that I use -- Fireworks. I
have been using it since Fireworks 4 and I can not live without it.
Its unique blend of vector and raster tools allows me to work on any
graphic/layout quickly and easily. I am now using Fireworks MX 2004
and I love it.

Why use 3 tools (Illustrator to Photoshop to ImageReady) when
Fireworks will do it all for you?

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd