[thelist] Help: Site search for a great client

Jeffrey Joslin lists at joslins.net
Wed Feb 16 11:43:53 CST 2005

Check out the open-source GPL'd Xapian Project:
www.xapian.org/features.php

Develop to the Xapian library itself, or as the site mentioned, "If you're
after a packaged search engine for your website, you should take a look at
Omega, which is an application we supply built upon Xapian."

Fast and flexible.  To see it in action, try searching on
www.theyworkforyou.com (search UK Parliament records going back to 2001).

HTH,

jj