[thelist] restricted webspace or FTP hosting?

Massimo Mezzini webmaster at menouno.com
Thu Feb 17 05:10:28 CST 2005

Hi;

one of my clients needs to be able to exchange some large technical
documents (up to 30Mb) with remote offices and customers. They are
asking for a password controlled section on their website where users
should be able to upload (through a script?) and download those
files.

Space is not a problem but I'm afraid that uploading such big files
could interfere with server performance. Also, some users are not
exactly tech-types and I'm not sure they would not stare at the
monitor for hours (or call for help) if uploading stalls.

I wonder if a separate FTP server would not be a better solution.
Suggestions? Can anybody recommend a safe and reliable FTP hosting
provider?

Thanks in advance,

Massimo