[thelist] Remedial PHP - MySQL

BJ bj at kickasswebdesign.com
Thu Feb 17 20:28:12 CST 2005

I just ran into this, and my server uses the phpMyAdmin thing too--

These are the instructions from my host:

First you create a database then create a user. After
        you have created the database and user you must then add the user to the database. To do
        this click on the drop down list box in the middle of the page and locate the specific
        user that is associated with the particular database and click add user. Be advised that
        the username which you created using the control panel will have the prefix of of your
        main account login name. (ex: if your main account login name is joe and the MySQL user
        that you created is datab the control panel will create the mysql user joe_datab.

If you don't ADD you as a user to the database, then you won't be able to access the database any which way.  That's the step I left out.  Once I completed that step everything worked just ducky.  Of course, you should follow the directions for YOUR host, but if they use phpMyAdmin it shouldn't be too different.

I hope this helps.  I'm not real savvy on the heavy code stuff, but maybe I can sometimes see the "easy" thing that the gurus overlook *grin*