[thelist] Help with site layout: Makovision.com

Kyle @ JustBreathe Kyle at JustBreathe.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 17:41:10 CST 2005

There is definitely something strange going on with the page height
calculation in IE.  The problem seems to be related to the fact that
#leftcontent is both the longest of the two panels and it is a float.

There are three solutions to this that seem to cure the problem ...
1) make #rightcontent float instead of #leftcontent ...  this will require
changes to the html to make it work
2) make #rightcontent float:right whilst #leftcontent float:left
3) set overflow:visible for #leftcontent

I have managed to get option three to fail, but option 2 seems to be quite
solid, it seems to have worked everytime so far ... over to you :)

I have tried all of the above with your problem configuration ... IE6 on XP
all service packed up.

Kyle

Kyle Summers
Just Breathe