[thelist] Do you help people who know nothing at all?

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Sun Feb 20 17:58:53 CST 2005

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Carol Whitney
> Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2005 6:17 PM
> Subject: [thelist] Do you help people who know nothing at all?

Carol,

You asked three questions in your post:

1.  Do you help people who know nothing at all?
2. So how basic do you get here?
3 (and 3.5).  Is that a sufficient introduction to give an idea of where I'm
going,  where I'd like to go?
4.  And to find out if anybody here offers assistance to such
beginininininininers?

I'm going to take a moment to answer the questions that are truly
answerable.

The answer to question #1 is that yes, we do, as a collective group, answer
questions from anybody.  You'll find, however, that some questions spawn
more answers than others.  Generally I find that specific questions garner
more responses than broad questions.  Posters who listen to responses and
actually try them out tend to get more responses too.

The answer to question #2 is that we go all the way to the bottom floor if
necessary.  I've found that there are some more complicated questions that
this group generally doesn't answer, but almost all basic questions get
answered many times over--sometimes with surprising variation.  The slower
the mail server is pumping out emails, the more responses you'll usually
see.  :-)

The other 2 questions I'll leave to someone else,

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/service_areas/