[thelist] RE: Transition from Print to Web

Chris Price chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 08:57:31 CST 2005

On 23/2/05 2:27 pm, "Burhan Khalid" <thelist at meidomus.com> wrote:

> Steven Streight wrote:
>> I have no idea why anyone would hire a creative
>> director who had no experience in web site design,
>> unless web work is a minor and tiny part of the job.
>>
>> If so, the person should just leave the web people
>> alone, and not impose the totally alien principles of
>> print media upon the web site.
>
> I can't say I disagree with you here.  Although the person's majority
> experience is in print, she has done some web-related work.
>
> Her job won't involve designing websites, more like coming up with
> concepts for websites.  The person designing them will be web designers.

I must say there are many web designers I wouldn't employ to design
websites.

Someone who has an eye for good design and understands communicating
visually should be able to cross over from print to web. Many sound
techniques I learned in design for print stood me in good stead for
designing web sites.

Your web designers should be able to advise her on the technical side.

--
Chris Price

Choctaw

chris.price at choctaw.co.uk