[thelist] RE: Transition from Print to Web

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com
Wed Feb 23 09:36:44 CST 2005

Steven Streight wrote:
> Come up with concepts for web sites? A creative
> director? Who has merely a little experience in web
> related work?
>
> I, gosh, I don't know what to say exactly. This sounds
> like a company that may need to re-think its whole
> interent marketing strategy.
>
> I would expect the marketing department, or even sales
> department, to come up with web site concepts, before
> I'd expect a creative director with little web
> experience to do it.

It sounds like where I worked 9 years ago, when we had a ton of print
designers trying to design for the web. Well, the best you can do is to
educate the print person, and team them up with someone who know all
about the web. Print people (good ones) do have ideas about design and
know how to apply them to print, they just need a lot of help applying
them to the web. It can work, it's not the most ideal situation, and I'm
surprised it's still happening in 2005, but you do what you can...

Pete