[thelist] pros and cons of absolute positioning in css

Rich Points rich at richpoints.com
Wed Feb 23 13:17:51 CST 2005

I tend to avoid absolutely positioned elements as well.  But I am able
to structure my html in a search engine friendly way and I can get pixel
perfect results.

I'm currently doing some work for a client converting tabled layouts to
css.  My new layout puts the left navigation at the bottom of the html
and puts the maincontent at the top.  No absolute positioning.  Check it
out http://www.clubsauce.com/products/demi_chicken-stock.php

Rich
http://richpoints.com