[thelist] Session Problems

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Wed Feb 23 14:15:28 CST 2005

Jeff Wilhelm wrote:
> We have been having some problems where sessions are getting merged. We have
> a web application that uses sessions, and we are testing it by having three
> people here in our office log in at the same time and perform queries at the
> same time. We are NATed, and the server is off-site, so we all appear as the
> same IP. When queries are executed at exactly the same time (picture me at
> the office yelling 1, 2, 3... CLICK) one person will get back what another
> person has requested.
>
> Very odd. Has anyone run into this before?

on a local domain, on the same ip, its very possible.  I ran into a
problem like this before as well.

how are you setting the $PHP_SESSION_ID[] or whatever language you may
be using?

try making your own- instead of using the default system.  something
along the lines of

((rand() + rand())/3) + ip
or something.