[thelist] Search for a Development Methodology

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 08:06:12 CST 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:15:04 +0200, Shaun Clements <ShaunC at relyant.co.za> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know of any popular, and successfully employed
> software/application development methodologies (public or for sale).
> Im looking at acquiring a methodology to include the following things:
> -  Documented process including process steps, activities, deliverables,
> roles clearly defined.
> - Templates for deliverables
> - Tools required to produce deliverables
> etc.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but:

RUP (Rational Unified Process) - http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/rup/
There are also several different variations on the RUP methodology
like UP and XUP
Agile - http://www.agilemodeling.com/ http://agilemanifesto.org/
XP (Extreme Programming) - http://www.extremeprogramming.org/

These are a few, but there are many others out there.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd