[thelist] open source content management systems

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Sat Feb 26 11:52:24 CST 2005

Scott Benton wrote:

> I have a couple of projects for which I need to implement a content
> management. I'm focusing on PHP/MySQL based systems, and open source
> because the projects are both for non-profit organizations. <snip />I'm
> personally much more of a designer than a web developer, so I'm hoping
> to find something that's not going to require a PHP guru to get up and
> running, and also something that I can put a pretty sophisticated front
> end on.

For making recommendations, it would help to know what sort of site
you're going to be building.  That said, a couple of perennial favorites
are Drupal[0] and Mambo[1].  Another promising candidate I'm checking
out right now is Xaraya[2].  Mambo has the most active development, but
in the current version (4.5.2) the HTML output is still very tables-ridden.

[0] http://drupal.org/
[1] http://www.mamboserver.com/
[2] http://www.xaraya.com/
--