[thelist] Re: thelist Digest, Macromedia Flash Player crashing browsers - any ideas?

Sylvia Braunstein sylvia.braunstein at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 03:18:19 CST 2005

It is a brand new install after formatting and yes, we updated
everything. My computer crashes every site containing Flash, I mean
EVERY site.

It took me a while to answer all the questions asked on the forum
because the computer is not with me and I still don't have the exact
configuration.

Not sure about the exact configation.

MSI Motherboard - not sure exactly which
Sound card
Gforce 4 NVIDIA - not sure what company (still checking)
Pentium 4 _ Intel
Wind XP + SP2 - installed after COMPLETE reformatting
256 MB DDR

Critical updates entirely performed
Flash.ocx entirely removed and reinstalled
Drivers entirely reinstalled
Latest versions of everything.

No clue whatsoever! I am not saying it IS Flash itself but possibly an
incompatibility between Flash and the Hardware. It doesn't look like
it has ANYTHING to do with the software.

I am not sure what else to try.

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 04:40:27 EST, BreezyGraphics at aol.com