[thelist] IDS (Intrusion Detection System)

Garrick S. Bodine (Shan) gsb at athenswebdevelopment.com
Mon Feb 28 11:26:32 CST 2005

For IDS:
Snort from snort.org (free, open source, quite popular, and powerful),
or its commercial counterparts on sourcefire.com, if you're talking
heavy-duty commercial needs.

For firewall:
iptables is the included "software firewall" with Linux. For a GUI
interface to it, try installing firestarter. It will make setting rules
more transparent.

HTH.

gsb

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 09:08 -0800, russ at unrealisticexpectations.com