[thelist] Dreamweaver and hand-coding

Peter-Paul Koch pp.koch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 06:33:50 CST 2005

Hello,

I'm writing a course User Interface & Web Design in which I have to
treat Dreamweaver, too. The problem is that I know nothing about
Dreamweaver, except that it exists. So I'd like to ask a bit of help
from the list.

The course will of course lay heavy emphasis on hand-coding,
cross-browser checking and such, and the Dreamweaver chapter will
start with a warning not to rely on it too much.

What I'm looking for are people who pride themselves on their ability
to hand-code a site, but nonetheless use Dreamweaver to speed up
certain coding phases. For them I have the following questions:

- Which Dreamweaver functions do you find most useful? Where can I
find these functions? (short answers, please)
- Which Dreamweaver functions should we avoid?
- Do you have any tips and tricks for beginning hand-coders who want
to use Dreamweaver?

Thanks,

ppk, freelance web developer

Recent article: JavaScript triggers,
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/scripttriggers/

Bug Report: Report bugs yourself, or comment on previously
reported ones.
http://www.quirksmode.org/bugreports/