[thelist] You can play a song but you can't download it

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 22:59:54 CST 2005

>Some kind of streaming stuff will help. flash has inline streaming capability.
>We used http://play.ground.gr/index.php?p=19 in a project.
>
>if you have a designer and an action-scripter, you can easily

In fact, Stephen is right. If something can be streamed, it can be
intercepted as well. That is, as far as I know, there is no 100%
secure way to block people from listening but not saving. My
propsition was a solution for the non-techie majority of the audience.

May be you can bring a membership mechanism. non-members can view the
file names, band info, ratings etc. but only members can listen to the
songs.

does that make sense?