[thelist] How to view the js contents of included js files on a server without calling them directly?

Jonathan Dillon jdillon at boehm-ritter.com
Mon Mar 7 12:34:52 CST 2005

Hey list:

Is there some kind of "promiscuous" mode for reading included scripts?  I'm
trying to understand some dhtml that's coming out of an ad server, but I
can't call it directly.  I can only access it through the parent website
since it's checking referrer.

I've tried using the javascript editor inside of mozilla, including the more
extensive debugger extension.  However, it seems to make a separate call to
get the included files, which isn't working.

Is there some way to see the actual code of files under these cirumstances?
I've even tried lynx (links actually) to the server, but of course it
doesn't support the dhtml, they have client sniffing, and therefore, no
content.

I'm thinking I might have to write a hack to send a fake user agent, but I'm
not sure how to get around a getelembyid test.

Anyone done this?  Help? ;-)

Jonathan