[thelist] Dates (was Formated tet box question [sic])

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Wed Mar 9 09:13:57 CST 2005

Message from Joshua Olson (3/9/2005 10:37 AM)

>Brian,
>
>Since they want speed, and you want simplicity, I would be inclined to
>forego all this hoopla with the slashes and let them enter the date as such:
>
>030905

So is this
September 3rd, 2005
March 9th, 2005
September 5th, 2003
May 9th, 2003

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html
http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime

Drop down boxes do give you the benefit of having the user select the month
by name (even though the data passed to the server may be numeric), thereby
eliminating that uncertainty.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/