[thelist] SSL Java and Tomcat

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Mar 10 19:33:48 CST 2005

Sales wrote:

> I am having difficulties with my server setup. I have Linux running Java
> (Tomcat), with an SSL certificate. I am trying to set up a hash gen
> supplied by HSBC.

I have no idea what that last sentence means :-) but what version
of Tomcat (and Java) are you running?

> Everything is working except the .jsp files are returning not executed
> under https. They work fine under http, but I need them to work in
> https.

? Are you running something (Apache httpd, IIS, _______) in front of
Tomcat? There's no reason the defaultServlet shouldn't handle a JSP
just because it's being served via https. Is there someplace you can
post your server.xml and the webapp's web.xml files? (relevant parts
at least)

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.