[thelist] Proceed to Checkout - Authorize.net Question

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Thu Mar 17 14:08:25 CST 2005

> I don't store anything to the database until
> the "accepted" status comes back from the transaction gateway...

How do you detect that? How and what format do I get my information back
from the gateway?

> ... of my transactions table) to AuthNet, which then passes it
> back in the response, and the transaction record gets updated with the
> approval code, etc (verifying the session ID as well as the order ID)

I don't suppose I could get that table structure from you?

> and I only save the last 4 digits of the card for the
> customer's reference.

So how do you get repeat business without having to ask for the cc
information again. Wouldn't it be convenient to have it stored for them (but
only display the last four-five digits) when they want to perform upgrade$
on their account?

Rob