[thelist] PHP Search for site

Mark Groen markgroen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 16:55:21 CST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:57:16 -0500, Michele Foster (WizarDev) <> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good PHP Site Search script.  It must be something
> that I can skin completely to look like our site ... AND ... I must be able
> to install it via FTP and not have to compile it.  Additionally, the site
> has approximately 1000 pages, 1/2 in English 1/2 in French.  The search must
> allow for there to be two unique site indices, one for each language.

DGS search is pretty easy to skin and you can make multiple searches out of it:

http://www.digitalgenesis.com/

In action:

http://www.bowenisland.org/search1/

it can search either or both database fields and your web regular web
site files. You need to add an open source pdf reader to search files
in that format, it's the only thing I've found lacking.

cheers,

             Mark

             MG Web Services
             www.mgwebservices.ca

Your Canadian West Coast web site development and hosting solution.