[thelist] Event Monitor

Warren Murray warren at digital-crossroads.com
Fri Mar 18 14:14:07 CST 2005

Matt Warden wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:54:16 -0500, Warren Murray
><warren at digital-crossroads.com> wrote:
>

>>Please excuse my innocent on the topic of Java.  I have been been
>>challenged to put together a web-based Java application that will
>>monitor a Java application and listen for events that have past.
>>Basically, it's an event monitor.  I have search high and low for
>>something similar.  Does anyone have an idea of where I can locate
>>something similar to this?
>>

>We need more information to help you.
>
>The web based app is monitoring a Java app... where is this other Java
>app and how can it be monitored?

The current Java application is in its infancy stage.  The original main
application was written in VB6, however, the Event Monitor was done in
VB .NET.

Here is what's taking place, the system has events that are scheduled to
run at certain dates and times based on the events sequence.  When the
event(s) have come to their date/time to run, the Event Monitor is
suppose to sense the event(s) ready to be fired off and push the events
into another system.

I don't have a clue of where to start to tackle this puppy.  I'm a
designer, trying to learn Java.

Warren
404.518.7940