[thelist] How do you ping in asp?

Manuel González Noriega manuel.gonzalez.noriega at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 15:45:35 CST 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:50:09 -0700, Christian Anderson
<lists at photokyo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm making a blog in ASP and I am at the point now where I'm going to set up
> pinging when new posts are published.
>
> How does this work exactly? Do you have to pass some kind of parameters to
> the sites that accept pings?

A ping is usually just a POST/GET request you must issue to a certain
endpoint bringing certain parameters (blog url / blog name). It should
be trivial to do in ASP.

The exact details of the ping depend on the service you're pinging. I
recommend you take a look at ping-o-matic. It has precise instructions
and has comprehensive info on the subject.

http://pingomatic.com/about/

Good luck :)

--
Manuel