[thelist] Apache mod_rewrite

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Mar 21 11:53:42 CST 2005

> Have you got a real /byhand/ directory there?

Nope. That's the whole idea behind this approach. There could be thousands
of these and I wanted a one shot kill all using mod_rewrite.

Now I just read (http://www.sitepoint.com/article/guide-url-rewriting/2
about a screen scroll down) that after I restart apache, the rewrite will
then take effect. That doesn't do me a whole lot of good if I don't have
direct access to the web server. And I'm sure my guys in California will
start to hate me pretty quickly if I ask them to restart that until I get
the testing right.