[thelist] firefox maintaining post data after refresh

kerkness phparch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 13:04:21 CST 2005

I also use a server side redirect to handle this, however the user can
still hit their back button, to re-submit the post.  I'm not sure
there is a complete solution to prevent double posting unless you use
some sort of a 'ticket' system.

What I do sometimes is generate a unique 'ticket number' and include
this in a hidden field in my form as well as save it to the user
session/cookie.  When a form is submitted I make sure the tickets
match and then delete the ticket from the user session/cookie.  If the
user hits refresh or the back button and re-submits the form, I will
not find a matching ticket in the user session/cookie  and can ignore
the post.

HTH.

 where every potential submission corrisponds with a ticket number generate