[thelist] FireFox and IIS Issue, I just Want PHP

Warren warren at digital-crossroads.com
Thu Mar 24 05:11:17 CST 2005

I have run into a problem with Firefire not being able to view the startup pages for IIS 5.1.  I recently reinstalled Windows XP Pro and didn't install IIS at the time.  I have just installed IIS 5.1 and attempted to run it from FireFox and it gives me the "You are not authorized to view this page" error.  However, when I run it from IE 6.0, the page displays as it should.

I have tried the Default Web Site > Properties > Directory Security > Edit > Anonymous Access and checking the "Allow IIS control password" but the problem still exist.

What I want is to install PHP on the machine and run PHP with mySQL.  I really don't want to bother with IIS.  I downloaded PHP with some hooks to IIS and I ran into the FireFox error in IIS.

What should I do?

Warren Murray
404.518.7940