[thelist] Marking up the right way

Justin Stach j.m.stach at canterbury.ac.uk
Thu Mar 24 05:46:39 CST 2005

On 24 Mar 2005, at 10:42, Andy Warwick wrote:

>>> So I'm thinking that although the result sets fall neatly  enough
>>> into
>>> table data, the expansion thing is problematic.
>
> Suggest you take a look at the following, which dropped into my RSS
> feed this morning. Sounds like it might be an ideal solution:
>
> 	http://www.yourtotalsite.com/archives/javascript/
> automagically_collapsing_/Default.aspx

Cheers for that - cute stuff. But it's not really the tech that's the
problem, it's the markup I'm worried about - semantics and that. I'm
now more and more convinced that the results of a search should be an
ordered list, with each list item being a definition list for the
person.

I reckon that adding more definition terms to the definition list seems
more appropriate than switching from a table row to a definition list.