[thelist] Emailing a form...using ASP!

Michael Pack michaelpack at wvdhhr.org
Thu Mar 24 12:17:32 CST 2005

CK, I've always used the ASPMail component and have had great success
with it. My example below may confuse you....go here
http://www.serverobjects.com/comp/Aspmail4.htm for full documentation
including form handling examples.

<% Set Mailer = Server.CreateObject ("SMTPsvg.Mailer") %>

Properties

Mailer.FromName = "text" or strname
Mailer.FromAddress = "text" or strname
Mailer.Subject = "text" or strname
Mailer.BodyText = "text" or str or HTML/XHTML document
Mailer.RemoteHost = "smtpservername or ip address"

Add Recipient Method

Mailer.AddRecipient "text" or strname, "emailaddress at email.com" or
strname

Error Checking Method

 if Mailer.SendMail then
        ' Message sent sucessfully
        response.write ("Your message was sent")
    else
        ' Message send failure
        response.write ("Your message was not sent. ")
        response.write ("The error was: " & Mailer.Response)
    end if

Regards,
MP

>>> chris at logorocks.com 3/24/2005 11:40:17 AM >>>
Dear list!

A client wants the contents of a contact form emailed to a certain
address.  Fine...but their hosting package only supports ASP, which
I've never used.  Could anyone who has a minute to spare give me a
starting push?

Thanks!
CK.

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/