[thelist] HTML email statistics

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Sat Mar 26 06:50:36 CST 2005

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK wrote:
> Chris,
>
> personally, whenver I see an ad from an unsigned list I immediately
> mark it as spam without bothering even reading it.

+1 on this one.

When I used Outlook, I had it not display HTML messages, and Thunderbird
does a good job of automatically marking HTML messages as junk.

Now its almost a reflex action. I just hit delete, then that time (maybe
once every two months) when I have a few hours to kill, I go through my
trash folder and empty it.

> I don't think it's an effective aproach of e-mail marketing. I have
> seen a book on e-mail marketing which addresses the do's and don'ts. I
> don't know the exact name of it to quote however.

Spammers have given legitimate email marketing campaigns a bad name.  I
would suggest that your company look for some other means of generating
buzz. Just my $0.02

Regards,
Burhan