[thelist] Google and PDFs

Paul Waring pwaring at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 07:18:22 CST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:56:59 +0000, Chris Kavanagh <chris at logorocks.com> wrote:
> My client intends to write lots of content for his website in the
> future.  It'd be tidier design if I could get him to write that stuff
> as PDFs rather than HTML pages.  Now I've noticed that Google seems to
> return PDFs, so I'm assuming they get spidered now, but does anyone
> know if PDFs are especially good or bad in SEO terms?

Why not serve up simple HTML pages without all the fancy formatting
and then at the bottom of each one provide a link to download the full
all singing, all dancing PDF version? I do this for a 100+ product
catalogue site I run and it works quite well - you get the best of
both worlds so to speak.

Paul

--
Rogue Tory